UK Immigration Process


How to Apply .You must be outside the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man to apply for your visa. You’ll need to: register for an account fill in the application form in English  pay for the visa fee online (in most cases) print out your formbook and attend an appointment at a visa application centreYou also need to:have all the supporting documents you need for your visatranslate any supporting documents and include them with the originals if they aren’t in English Tuberculosis test You may need to get a TB test, depending on where you’re applying from – check if you need a TB test.

Attending an appointment
You should check where your appointment will be before you apply – it may be in a different country.

Evidence of visa payment –
Applicants who pay for their visa online should ensure they bring a printed copy of the email from WorldPay to the visa application centre which confirms payment has been processed.

Mandrelatory online payment introduced in Pakistan
From 16 December 2013 all applications for a UK visa must be completed and paid for using the new online application and payment system before going to Gerry’s. From this date appointments to submit applications will only be accepted when the online application form and payment is complete.

Payment will be in GBP (Pounds Sterling) and can be made online using Visa or MasterCard debit or credit cards or e-wallet (for more information, visit

If you intend to travel on a work, study or settlement visa, you can ask your UK sponsor to make the online payment on your behalf. If you are applying for visit visas you can also ask a travel agent to pay for the visa application as part of a package when booking flights and/or accommodation
Please ensure that any visa agent or immigration advisor you use is reputable. Advice on agents can be found at the bottom of the Pakistan page of the UK Visas and Immigration website.

You must have permission to stay (‘leave to remain’). This can be in any immigration category, or a combination of different immigration categories.

You must also have:
been in the UK legally for 10 years (known as your ‘continuous residence’)
kept to the terms of your UK visa
If you’re aged 18 to 65 years old, you must:
pass the Life in the UK Test
prove you have sufficient English language skills
If you don’t meet these 2 requirements you can apply to extend.
Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either:
when you arrived in the UK with a visa
when you were given permission to stay in the UK
Continuous residence
Continuous residence is time you’ve spent in the UK without gaps.
You can leave the UK during the continuous residence for up to:
180 days at a time
539 days in total
You can’t count time spent in:
a prison, young offender’s institution or secure hospital
the Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands
You’ll need to provide:

a current passport or other valid travel ID
your biometric residence permit if you have one
all the passports you’ve held during your time in the UK
your police registration certificate if you have one
2 passport size colour photographs
You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.
You can find a full list of documents on the application form.
You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.
When to apply
You can send your application as soon as you meet all the eligibility requirements – you don’t need to wait until your current visa expires.

You must be in the UK to apply.
How long it takes
You’ll be told whether your application has been successful within 6 months.
You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, eg:
if your supporting documents need to be verified
if you need to attend an interview
because of your personal circumstances – eg if you have a criminal conviction
Family members
Your family members (‘dependants’) can apply separately if they’re eligible.
A dependant is your:
child aged under 18 years old
You can’t include your family members (‘dependants’) in your application.
Dependants who aren’t eligible
Your partner can apply to remain in the UK as the partner of a settled person if they aren’t eligible to apply separately and your application for settlement is successful.
They may be able to include their children under 18 in their application.
Children over 18
Your children may have to leave the UK if they’re not eligible to apply separately and are over 18.
You may be able to include your dependants in your application if you apply to settle under your visa category instead.

What you’re applying for Applying by post in the UK
Settle £1,051
Extend £578

Immigration to Germany Immigration to Sweden

You might also Like

Comments 2


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *